Friday, May 1, 2026

Song most used in TV Commercials

Song most used in TV Commercials 

I was listening to a tv commercial and wondered which song (in the USA) was played the most in tv commercials?

I asked ChatGPT and this is what it said:

There isn’t actually a single, officially verified “most-used song in U.S. commercials.” No central database tracks every ad placement, and even industry lists admit this is hard to measure definitively.

That said, a few songs are widely recognized as being used more than almost any others in American TV advertising:


đŸ„‡ Most commonly cited “overused” commercial hit

  • Walking on SunshineKatrina and the Waves
    This is probably the closest thing to a “winner.” It’s been used across many brands and industries—from food (like cereal) to medicine (like allergy ads) to toys—because of its upbeat, feel-good tone.

Other songs heavily used in U.S. commercials

These don’t have exact counts either, but they’re consistently mentioned by marketers and media analysts:

  • One Way or AnotherBlondie
    Used by brands like Heinz, KFC, and Macy’s.
  • VenusBananarama
    Famously tied to Gillette ads and reused in multiple campaigns.
  • Rock and Roll All NiteKISS
    Appeared in ads for restaurants and tech brands.
  • Takin' Care of BusinessBachman–Turner Overdrive
    Used heavily in retail ads (notably Office Depot).
  • HomePhillip Phillips
    A more modern example used by multiple brands like Walmart and Mazda. 

2 comments:

  1. Bad to the Bone was. A common one too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how many times I've heard Walking on Sunshine in commercials growing up haha. I also remember hearing Takin' Care of Business in Staples commercials. Or was it Office Max commercials? Either way I believe both stores are owned by the same company.

    ReplyDelete

The Same AI Look is Everywhere!

 The Same AI Look is Everywhere! AI images for advertising used to look fresh and exciting. Now everyone is using them and they're every...