Saturday, August 22, 2026

Estimate of AI Blogs

 Estimate of AI Blogs

I know this blog isn't very unique and I wondered how many blogs there are that focus on AI. 

Here's what ChatGPT answered:

I checked current 2026 directories, and there is a useful range:

  • FeedSpot: its current Artificial Intelligence category has 1,000+ bloggers/sites in its larger database, while its curated "best" list contains 100.
  • HushFlow AI: tracks 320+ AI-focused sources/feeds, based on analysis of roughly 190,000 articles.
  • Another HushFlow directory tracks 294+ AI feeds and has analyzed more than 587,000 AI articles.
  • Its individual audience categories alone can contain 147–229+ sources, showing that there is considerable overlap among specialized AI blogs.

My best estimate

I'd put the number of currently active, primarily AI-focused blogs/publications worldwide at approximately 1,000–3,000.

That's a much more defensible estimate than my previous 5,000–15,000 figure.

The difficulty is defining "blog." For example:

Definitely AI blogs

  • Independent AI writers
  • AI research blogs
  • AI news sites
  • AI tutorial/education blogs
  • AI tool-review blogs
  • AI business/industry blogs

Borderline

  • General technology blogs with a large AI section
  • Company engineering blogs
  • AI newsletters that also publish as websites
  • Publications covering technology broadly

I would NOT count these as AI blogs

  • A personal blog that occasionally writes an AI article
  • A general news site with an AI section
  • An AI tool directory with little original editorial content
  • YouTube channels/podcasts

So if you're asking, "How many competitors would an entirely AI-focused blog be competing against?", I'd use roughly 1,000–3,000 serious active AI-focused sites, rather than tens or hundreds of thousands.

And that's actually a surprisingly small number considering how enormous the AI subject has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog On Hold for a while

 I've run out of new ideas and find myself wasting time trying to come up with things that I think people might be interested in for the...