We're going on vacation, and I don't like to announce when, so this is scheduled for after we return. But I wanted to check with ChatGPT on gas prices and get a good idea of where to fill up and where to avoid. I have a feeling it's wrong about Ohio though because it's usually lower than Pennsylvania.
Here's what ChatGPT said for gas prices from Pittsburgh to Cookeville, TN:
Here are the current regular gasoline prices for today (June 19, 2026), based on AAA and local fuel price trackers:
City
Average Regular Gas Price
Pittsburgh, PA
$3.97/gal
Cincinnati, OH
$3.98/gal
Lexington, KY
$3.65/gal
Cookeville, TN
$4.05/gal (Sam's Club: ~$3.57)
Cheapest area among these
Lexington, KY – $3.65
Pittsburgh, PA – $3.97
Cincinnati, OH – $3.98
Cookeville, TN – $4.05 (unless using Sam's Club)
These are city averages and individual stations can vary by 10–50 cents or more.
If you're planning a drive from Pennsylvania to Tennessee via Cincinnati and Lexington, I can also suggest the best places to fill up along the route to minimize fuel costs.
If you're driving from Pittsburgh → Cincinnati → Lexington → Cookeville, you can save money by avoiding filling up in Pittsburgh and Tennessee and instead topping off in Kentucky.
Suggested fuel strategy
Stop
Average Price
Recommendation
Pittsburgh, PA
~$3.97
Buy only enough to reach Ohio
Cincinnati, OH
~$3.98
Skip if possible
Georgetown, KY (north of Lexington)
~$3.00–3.20
★ Best place for a major fill-up
Lexington, KY
~$3.65
Good backup option
Richmond, KY
Similar to Lexington
Good top-off point
Corbin, KY
~$2.70–3.00 at some stations
★ Excellent final fill-up before Tennessee
Cookeville, TN
~$4.05
Avoid buying unless necessary
Recent reports show some Georgetown stations around $3.04–3.19, while several Corbin stations have been reported below $3.00.
Best Stops Along I-75
1. Georgetown, KY
Pilot
Casey's
Marathon
Shell (1005 Lemon Mill Rd)
2. Richmond, KY
Love's
BP
Marathon
3. Corbin, KY
Pilot
Speedway
Murphy USA
Kroger
Go Time
Lowest-cost strategy
Leave Pittsburgh with only enough gas to comfortably reach Kentucky.
Skip Cincinnati if possible.
Fill completely around Georgetown.
If needed, top off again in Corbin before crossing into Tennessee.
Minimize purchases in Tennessee.
If you're traveling on I-79 → I-71 → I-75, I can also map out approximately how much you'll spend in gas total based on your vehicle's MPG.
No comments:
Post a Comment