Thursday, July 23, 2026

Continuation on AI promises what it can't deliver

Continuation on AI promises what it can't deliver

I wrote yesterday about ChatGPT giving me a promising sales pitch on helping to create musical scores that I can open and play in MuseScore on my laptop. I decided to try Copilot next and although it also promised me things, it did deliver...in a way. But there was still a lot of failure and it took forever to work on things because Copilot is much more controlling!

I won't copy and paste the very long chat I had with Copilot, but here's what happened. Copilot promised me a score but then gave me a code that I had to copy and paste into Notepad and save it as the file that MuseScore would open. The first time it did that it didn't give me the song it said it would. I called it out on that and it said it was just giving me a test file. It did that a few times and eventually it gave me some notes, but it didn't "sound" like Amazing Grace. The notes were correct, but they were all quarter notes. It promised to correct it, and like all the other coding it gave me to put into Notepad and then save as the proper file extension, it only gave me the first two measures! It promised to give me more once we got further along. Control Freak??? 

Anyway, I gave up after about an hour and a half of trying. It could never truly make it sound like Amazing Grace and maybe in the future that will change, but for now, it's a waste of my time. 

There are some AI platforms that will create music and let me download them as the file formats I need, but it's a paid subscription for all of those, and I refuse to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AI Limitations

 AI Limitations AI has a lot of limitations and maybe that will always be true in some degree, but the more I learn about AI, the more annoy...